Hi all! It’s been a while. I’ve been dealing with some personal issues, but I’ve still been cooking up a storm in the kitchen and testing out some new recipes.
Today I bring you a quinoa granola recipe, which is pretty delicious if I do say so myself. I love granola, but it can be pretty expensive and often isn’t vegan as contains honey. You can read about why honey can’t be considered vegan on my blog post linked below.
Making your own granola is surprisingly easy, and the recipe below can be used as a general guideline really. You can add whatever nuts or seeds you prefer. In the recipe below I used coconut nectar as my sweetener. It is absolutely delicious, but don’t worry if you can’t get hold of it. Any vegan sweetener will work.
– Porridge Oats – 100g
– Quinoa, dried – 80g
– Brazil Nuts, chopped – 40g
– Pumpkin Seeds – 40g
– Sunflower Seeds – 40g
– Coconut Oil – 10g
– Coconut Nectar – 55g
– Pre-heat the oven to 150°
– Mix all of the dried ingredients in a bowl
– Add the oil and coconut nectar. Mix well
– Spread the mix out evenly on a baking tray and cook for 30 minutes
– Once cooled store in an airtight container
As easy as that! You can eat it with a plant based milk, on top of a smoothie bowl, or by the handful. Delicious